Our principal editor, Harpreet Bhagrath, has extensive experience in writing, editing, and the media. He has been writing and editing professionally since 1995, when his first article was published in The Indian Express. He’s qualified, experienced, and competent to address your writing, editing, and proofreading requirements. Here’s why.
His Professional Experience
Sixteen years as a print-media journalist in India, Australia, and Fiji
His Brief Profile
Right after his graduation in commerce from Punjab University, India, Bhagrath started off as a freelance writer for The Indian Express in 1995. While freelancing, he completed his Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication in April, 1997. At the end of 1999, he joined The Ludhiana Dispatch (TLD), an entertainment monthly published from Ludhiana, Punjab, India, as a writer/photographer. While working for TLD, and after mutual agreement between the two employers, Bhagrath joined Hosiery & Textile Journal (H&TJ) in November 2000 as senior correspondent. He left this job as the executive editor in January 2002. While working with H&TJ, Bhagrath was also presenting and directing documentary videos for a local TV station in his hometown, Chandigarh, India.
After working in Chandigarh with an IT publication, Micro IT Wizard, for one more year, Bhagrath went off to Brisbane, Australia, in February 2003 to hone his skills in electronic media and online journalism. Once over there, he acquired two more qualifications from Griffith University, Brisbane, and put in couple more years of work, maintaining the website contents of brisvaani.com, web portal of Radio Brisvaani 1701 AM, the radio station for the Indian community in Australia. He also worked as the editor in Radio Brisvaani’s monthly lifestyle & entertainment magazine, Cosmo Indian.
After coming back from Brisbane in February 2008, Bhagrath joined TrustSquare Infomedia (TI) in April 2008 as the chief editor and worked there till Sept. 30, 2011. From October 2011, he started working as the editor with the Australian media firm Radio Brisvaani again, editing their monthly lifestyle magazine, Brisbane Connexion, and managing their website, brisvaani.com. He took a sabbatical from this job to join as the editor at maiLife, Fiji’s premier general-interest magazine, where he worked from March 2013 to October 2013. After coming back from Fiji, he was back as the editor with Radio Brisvaani yet again, and besides putting together their monthly magazine, compiling and presenting the morning news, Bhagrath managed the radio station’s India operations as well as Brisvaani’s web portal, brisvaani.com, with the help of his little team in India. September 2016 onward, he moved on.
Right now, Bhagrath is at the prime of his life at 41 and flexing his editorial muscles. He is currently working for his own writing and editing firm, Cosmos Media, and editing one of his Australian clients’ (Indian News Queensland) media publications. Bhagrath is a voracious reader and loves reading P.G. Wodehouse when he gets time. Also, he’s happily unmarried, to tend to the clients better.
Here’s his detailed CV: Harpreet Bhagrath’s CV
Below are some of his sample works online.
Links to a few of his electronic media works
- News on Radio Brisvaani
- Promo of Chandigarh Lifestyles
- Doco on Australian teenagers shot in Brisbane, Australia
- Some of his past works on his webspace
- MA in Media Productions, Griffith University, Australia
- MA in English Literature, Punjab University, India
- Graduate Diploma in Digital Publishing and Editing, Griffith University, Australia
- Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communications, Rajendra Prasad Institute of Communication and Management, India
- B. Com, Punjab University, India
His Editorial Resources
- The Associated Press Stylebook
- Style manual – For authors, editors and printers
- Copy-editing: The Cambridge Handbook for Editors, Authors and Publishers
- The Chicago Manual of Style
- The Web Content Style Guide: McGovern, Norton, and O’Dowd
- The Gregg Reference Manual: William A. Sabin
- Visual Thesaurus (CD)
- Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary
- Cambridge International Dictionary of Idioms
- Cambridge International Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs
- The Chambers Dictionary, Ninth Edition
- The Copyeditor’s Handbook: Amy Einsohn
- The Elements of Style, Third Edition: William Strunk Jr. and E. B. White